Appointment of members to the board of the SABC
Appointment of members to the board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation
REQUEST FOR NOMINATIONS
APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS TO THE BOARD OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN BROADCASTING
Institutions and/or individuals are hereby invited to nominate persons to fill vacancies of non-executive members
to the Board of the South African Broadcasting Corporation Limited, as stipulated in section 13 of the Broadcasting
Act, No 4 of 1999.
The South African Broadcasting Corporation was established in terms of the Broadcasting Act (1936) as a government
enterprise to provide radio and television broadcasting services to South Africa.
Members of the Board, when viewed collectively, must be persons who:
• are suited to serve on the Board by virtue of their qualifications, expertise and experience in the fields of broadcasting
policy and technology, broadcasting regulation, media law, business practice and finance, marketing, journalism,
entertainment and education, social and labour issues
• are committed to fairness, freedom of expression, the right of the public to be informed, as well as openness and
accountability on the part of those holding public office
• represent a broad cross-section of the population of the Republic
• are committed to the objectives and principles as enunciated in the Charter of the SABC
• are South African citizens permanently resident in the Republic.
Written nominations must contain the full name and address of the institution and/or individual making the
nomination, the nominee’s signed acceptance of the nomination and his/her Curriculum Vitae, providing at least
the following information:
• Full name, ID number and gender
• Contact address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address
• Previous experience (quoting dates and organisations concerned)
• Certified copies of academic qualifications and identity document.
Nominations and enquiries must be addressed to the Portfolio Committee on Communications (Attention:
Mr Thembinkosi Ngoma, Committee Secretary), 3rd Floor, 90 Plein Street, Cape Town, 8001 or emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 0865225740. Telephonic enquiries can be made to (021) 403 3733
Closing date for nominations: Friday, 30 June 2017 at 16:00.
Please note that nominees may be subjected to a qualifications check and security clearance. Late
submissions will not be considered.
Issued by Mr CHM Maxegwana, MP: Chairperson, PC on Communications.